Happy New Year to everyone. Let’s hope 2009 brings peace, enlightenment and wellness to the world around us.
As much as I dislike resolutions and have avoided them in the past few years, this year I’m making a few, only to give myself such an overwhelming sense of guilt if I fail in keeping them, that I’ll pick up wherever I went astray.
So, here are a few resolutions for the New Year. And yes, I want to read yours.
- Live a bit more sustainably: bicycle or walk to more local destinations.
- Take some kind of community action: thinking about asking the city to help establish a community garden.
- Produce enough vegetables in 2009 to provide for three families year-round fresh produce.
- Learn how to can vegetables, make jelly and sauces and teach it to someone else.
- Start going to the local farmer’s market.
I think that’s enough for now. I’m not going to quit smoking or stop the caffeine (my two biggest vices), but I am doing a small part for the community I live in.
Now, if we could just get everyone to do this…